Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bengal Bio: Colin Kent

I went on an LDS mission to Philadelphia less than one month after high school graduation. Upon returning from my mission in 2003 I moved to Provo and enrolled at BYU. I went to BYU-Hawaii for one semester at the end of my freshman year and really enjoyed my brief time "studying" there. I got a real estate license at the end of my sophomore year and began working in residential real estate while finishing school. I graduated from BYU in 2006 and worked for Garbett Homes for about a year after graduating.

I met Jamie Haslam a year after starting school at BYU (she was attending the University of Utah at the time). We got married in August of 2005. We have two beautiful daughters: Presley (3 and 1/2) and Maybelle (15 months). I'm completely outnumbered by the girls in our home.

We lived in Utah until 2008 and moved to San Diego where I decided to start a medical supply company. I quickly realized I didn't want to spend a career in the medical industry so I sold my interest to my business partner shortly after we became profitable. I then decided to jump into the high tech industry in Silicon Valley. We now live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I work for a large software company called Oracle. I'm halfway through an Executive MBA program at Pepperdine University and that takes up a lot of my weekends these days. As a part of my school program I'm going to China and Thailand in September. It will be my first time in Asia and I'm excited to see that side of the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion and reconnecting with people I haven't seen in 10 years...still can't believe it's been that long.


No comments:

Post a Comment