Monday, June 20, 2011

Bengal Bio: Laura Matjasich

After high school, I went to BYU for a couple years, then transferred to the University of Utah for nursing school. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science with my nursing degree. I am a registered nurse in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Intermountain Medical Center. I am a charge nurse of the CCU and am on the Cardiac Intraaortic Balloon Pump team and do transports for Lifeflight. I have been here for almost five years and love saving lives everyday. A few years ago I took a travel job in San Diego and worked as a travel nurse.

I bought my townhouse in 2009 and currently live in South Jordan Utah. I love photography and traveling the world. Last summer I spent two months backpacking Europe, egypt, jordan, and south east asia. . In addition, I was the medical mentor for a group called Youthlinc. I took 40 high school kids to Thialand where we built medical clinics, dontated supplies, built running water and sewer systems, and taught english. This August I am going to Peru for another humanitarian project.

My favorite memory from high school was coming up with creative ways to ask to dances.


No comments:

Post a Comment