Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bengal Bio: Missy Merkley Ames


Have ten years gone by already! After high school I received a bachelors degree in Art Education at Utah State and married Ben Ames from Missouri. I taught art in the public schools for 3 years while working on a Masters of Psychology and School Counseling. We then moved to Finland while my husband got his masters degree (he is half Finn). In Finland we had our first child, a lively little girl named Adelaide. Last summer we moved to Innsbruck, Austria while my husband gets his Ph.D in Quantum Physics. It's great to be back in the mountains again! I am currently an English teacher. I go to businesses and teach adults business related English. I also do a little freelance graphic design on the side. I still love to read and I have learned to cook since moving out to Europe. I'm learning German (slowly) and just adjusting to life across the pond.

As for high school memories, it's hard to choose, there are so many!
Jello Wrestling and other dances, Jeff Aird's pirate ship truck, Choir Tour, and Ms. McClure's crazy art classes, skipping seminary to go to breakfast, Ms. Lee's awesome humanities class and just being with friends.



1 comment:

  1. You guys are a lovely family. I've seen your husband's video on YT, with little A. singing 'I belong to you,' accompanied by her dad!
    Beautiful people !!!

    ReplyDelete