Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bengal Bio: Sydney Powers Shaw

Right out of High School, Melissa Petty and I moved to California to pursue a singing career. We loved it, but found ourselves not wanting that kind of lifestyle and moved back home. I went to SLCC for a few semesters, but college only kept my interest for so long. I attended Stringham Real Estate School and have held my license for about 5 years doing real estate work full-time, and now on the side.

I was married to my wonderful husband, Landon Shaw, in 2010. We have no kids YET, but we have a small pom-chi named Loki who is the best/smartest dog in the world. I work for my father’s systems integration company, PCS, where I am an engineer, technician, and office manager. I love it. It challenges my mind and I have a great family who I love working with. I was doing real estate full time when my father needed the help. I got very interested in the work and now he couldn't survive without me.

We live in Cottonwood Heights because I can’t tear myself away from the mountains. My current hobbies and interests are traveling, snowboarding, surfing (when I can), singing, song writing, producing, nerdy x-box online games, getting owned at Tennis by my husband, back packing, hiking, dining, and dancing. I am pretty much up for anything adventurous. I have had so many great experiences since high school that have sculpted who I am today. I am blessed and have lived life to its fullest, and I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.

My favorite memory from Brighton High is probably skipping class to go to the local Carl’s CafĂ© for some yummy scones! Seriously though, just being able to see all my good friends everyday…. I wish we walked in the same halls to work nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment